Friday, August 14, 2009

¿Winter in August?


As you can see I love taking pictures of animals....


Sooo while you guys are enjoying forest fires and highs of thirty, it is about 15 degrees here and overcast every day¡ But that´s okay, we are leaving for the desert around Ica today where it will be much warmer during the day.
So on Wednesday night we went to a light show which was in a park with 10 beautiful fountains with lights in them. The opening ceremonies had the lights changing to the rhythms of such classic Peruvian hits as¨I want it that way¨ by the Backstreet Boys, ¨Waterloo¨by ABBA, ¨We will rock you¨ by Queen and the Jurassic Park theme song. So funny! Also in the supermarket (PlazaVea) across the street from our homestay here they play David Bowie and the Beatles.


We went surfing yesterday! I wasn´t sure I wanted to go because I´m not the best swimmer but the owner of the company, Javier, talked me into it in typical Peruvian fashion. He came out on the water with us and was pushing me (he kept calling me the Irish girl) the whole time so it worked out GREAT ha!


Last night we went to a Peruvian buffet (full of delicious rice, potatoes, ceviche and moree) where they were dancing traditional dances from all around the country. The costumes were amazing (mom you would´ve loved all of the dresses). Then we went for some drinks with our tour guide Romy and had to say bye to her :( It was so sad since we won´t see her again but I promised her I would come back to Peru. She is the sweetest little lady that has SO much knowledge about the history of Peru it is crazy.
Here is a picture of Romy and I and these wild cats that live in the park and the church in Miraflores.
OH and there was an earthquake last night, well more like a tremor. I thought that the pisco soúrs were making me go crazy but it did happen! It just shook our beds a little, pretty sweet! So we are off to see the Nazca lines and go sandboarding at the beautiful oasis of Huacachina tonight.
Chao,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment