Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Plaza de Armas en Lima



Buenas noches mi amigos!
This will be a short one but I just wanted to upload some pictures for you to see! This is an animal I plan to ride up Machu Picchu on.... an alpaca. Or a llama, or a vicuña, can´t really tell the difference but hopefully I´ll be able to soon enough!
Saw an amazing cathedral in central Lima yesterday (didn´t understand all of the religious stuff, or the spanish so not much was understood for that matter.....) but I took lots of pictures. We also went to a convent with catacombs (25000 people were buried under the convent
We went to an AMAZING mercando negro (black market) today. I had never been to one before so let me say I spent quite a bit of money but not a lot for our standards, obviously! I will have my roommates know that we have enough seasons of the beesssst TV series to last us for a while now... (okay Syd I bought you some too. And you Kyle.)We also saw these weirdos. they looked like the whitest Peruvians to ever play soccer...
So we are heading to a light show in downtown Lima tonight with Romy, our amazing tour guide who is like a cool mom to us, followed by some glorious drinks I´m sure. There´s so much omre to talk about but I have to eat dinner so I´ll write tomorrow! Mom and Dad sorry I didn´t call tonight I´ll talk to you tomorrow afternoon hopefully
!Nos vemos,
Lauren (they pronounce it like la-oo-ren here HAH)

No comments:

Post a Comment