Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hola!


Buenos Noches!
Spent a lovely day touring Miraflores thanks to our friend Romy, a woman born and raised in Peru. Miraflores is the part of Lima that I will be living in for the next week. I am with two other Canadians, one from Kitimat, the other from Welcome, Ont. Today we saw a beautiful beach with tons of surfing, went to an outdoor mall and finished the day off with some Pisco Sours at a restaurant with a view of the ocean and many parasailers flying overhead. I didn´t think the city would be as advanced as it is at all! We ate this delicious root vegetable called Yuca which was like a sweet mashed potatoe YUM, and of course some beans and rice. The car of choice seems to be the Volkswagon Beetle or Jetta, and the driving here is crazy. We will be having Spanish lessons from 9-2 every day starting on Monday. We are now off to the PlazaVea (peruvian equivalent to Walmart) to buy some more Inca Kola (tastes like Pineapple Crush for all you Newfoundland connaisseurs) and some Pilsen cerveza.. nom nom
Adios,
Lauren
PS REEB. while enjoying a drink or two, my friend Evan that I´m with (originally from Kitimat) said ¨Yes By¨ to something I said. I did a double take and said ¨what did you just sayÇǨ.. turns out he had spent 14 months in Lab City doing a co-op term.... can´t get away from them newfies
PPS Lex/Syd, going to head for a hamburgesa con quesa tonight at the 24 hr McD´s. Reminds me of a certain trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment