Monday, August 10, 2009

Izquierdo!


Hi!
So yesterday Romy, Evan, Caitlin and I went to some ancient pyramids (en español: Huaca Pucllana) that existed before the Inca period at around 400 AD. Then we visted Barranco, pictured at left, a part of Lima known for its discothecas that we have yet to discover. We haven't seen the poor parts of Lima yet, but we're going to the central part of the city tomorrow which is guaranteed to be eye opening.
We had our first Spanish lesson today and let me say that speaking French is not helping me here. I keep thinking in French and then answering in French which, contrary to popular belief, is usually not even CLOSE to being correct. Even if you add an "a" on the end instead of an "e" that you have in French, you look like kind of an idiot because the Spanish teacher doesn't know French at all. We were assigned two hours of practicing before class tomorrow, which I am now scrambling to do at 10 PM... and so the procrastination commences.
It is still so funny to see people on the streets look at us with bewilderment as we are the "gringos" which literally means "blonde people". Okay I promise I won't write on here as often cause let's face it, like anyone REALLY cares but my mom and dad...hehe I will hopefully have some pictures of the beautiful Peruvian people, children and animals in the next week!
Take care everyone!
Lauren

3 comments:

  1. "Like anyone cares"!!???? I CARE!!!! Write more my little gringo!! I love cyberstalking.. I'm soo stoked for you!! Pretty soon you will be quadlingual.. I count reading/playing music as a language..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of Course we care!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS girls love you!
    ¿Heath how is your trip? that´s what the upside down question mark is for, you just put it at the beginning of a question. ¡It´s the same for exclamation marks too!
    it will take some time before i pass the trilingual stage hehe

    ReplyDelete